Blue Cross Blue Shield’s dental health plans are said to be some of the most popular forms of insurance coverage that their company has to offer. With its popularity only increasing over the years, it is clear that Blue Cross Blue Shield is a reliable company to work with. With a little bit of research, you’ll learn that this company makes it simple to find the perfect dental health plan for you.
Dental Blue Options is all about flexibility – giving you a variety of affordable options to keep your teeth healthy for years to come. With an emphasis on preventive care, Dental Blue Options helps you maintain your oral health, reducing the need for more costly dental care in the future.
Blue Shield Dental Plans benefits
- Broad network of participating providers
- Lower out-of-pocket costs with participating providers
- Coverage options to suit your needs
- Annually adjusted fee schedules
Blue Shield offers both PPO and HMO health and dental plans. Each type of plan offers distinct advantages as noted below.
Advantages of HMO dental plans include:
- No waiting periods for most services
- Access to over 8,600 dental care providers
- No deductibles
Advantages of PPO dental plans include:
- An extensive network of more than 16,000 general and specialty dentists
- Deductible of $50 per member per calendar year
- A wide range of dental services, including diagnostic and preventive services at no charge
- Coverage even when you use an out-of-network dentist
- No waiting period for diagnostic or preventive services
- Enhanced dental services for pregnant women
Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance providers in different states:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas: – This company offers a health plan specifically designed for consumers. They offer various health plans to fit your individual needs.
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina: – The Blue Advantage is one of their most popular health care plans. This company offers health care insurance for individuals, entire families, Medicare beneficiaries and groups who would like to receive benefits at a lower insurance premium.
- Blue Shield of California: – There are still states where Blue Cross and Blue Shield are considered separate entities rather than a merged company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia: – Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia offers health insurance plan to cater to women’s health, as well as an overall health care program to ensure that you are getting the best health and medical care possible at affordable rates.