Today’s advanced techniques and materials are making a big difference in dentistry. The skill, experience, and commitment of our practice — using a unique combination of science and artistry — can literally redesign your smile. To accomplish this goal, Boston Dental places a great deal of emphasis on the advanced technology and educational tools available in today’s industry.
Benefits of dental implants
- Avoids grinding down healthy teeth for conventional bridgework
- Avoids bone loss and gum recession associated with tooth loss
- Makes dentures secure
- Improves speech
- Helps promote long-term facial integrity.
Questions To Ask A Dentist
After you have narrowed down your list of potential dentists, call their dental offices to learn more about the services they provide. Here are some helpful and astute questions to guide your discussion:
- Let the dentist know about any specific needs you have, and the services you require.
- What hours is the dentist available? …and how are dental emergencies handled outside those hours?
- What’s the dentist’s policy about canceling appointments or missing an appointment?
- Does the dentist suggest several treatment options for your dental care and explain their costs, benefits and drawbacks so that you can make informed decisions?
- What fees are charged for routine services such as dental x-rays, fillings, root canals, sealants or fluoride (for children), tooth cleaning, bridges, caps and crowns?
- When will payment become due? Some dentists might provide the option to create payment terms when the charges will be greater than a specific amount, so that your dental payments can be spread over a period of time instead of having to pay in one lump sum. While it may be tempting to use a credit card to charge your dental bills, the interest costs can become an even greater financial burden down the road… particularly if you already have cashflow concerns.
- If you are covered by dental insurance, does the dentist participate in your dental plan? Otherwise, will you need to submit claim forms to your insurance company before you get your money back?
- Ask the dentist to explain the overall goals of treatment. Ideally, he or she should be committed to both your appearance and your overall health. If one or the other doesn’t appear to matter, you might want to consider looking for another dentist.